Avalonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avalonia

My Eclectic Study Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heka: The Magic of Ancient Egypt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trinity
Admin
Trinity

Heka: The Magic of Ancient Egypt Empty
PostSubject: Heka: The Magic of Ancient Egypt   Heka: The Magic of Ancient Egypt Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 am

Heka:

The Magic of Ancient Egypt

Heka: The Magic of Ancient Egypt Spell_10

Pyramid Texts 273-4,

The ancient Egyptians did not call their home "Egypt" (that name is based on the Greek pronunciation of the name of Ptah's temple in Memphis - "Hwt-ka-Ptah"), instead they referred to it as Kemet (or Kem - the black land) or Ta Mery (the beautiful land).  All religions have a magical aspect, ancient religions like the Egyptian, according to which all of creation was animated to some extent, perhaps more so than many others. Through magic the creation had come into being and was sustained by it. Thus, magic was more ancient, and consequently more powerful, than the gods themselves.

I am one with Atum when he still floated alone in Nun, the waters of chaos, before any of his strength had gone into creating the cosmos. I am Atum at his most inexhaustible - the potence and potential of all that is to be. This is my magic protection and it's older and greater than all the gods together!   Book of the Dead, New Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
https://avalonia.forumotion.com

Heka: The Magic of Ancient Egypt
Page 1 of 1